Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fight Test.

Feeling sick today, mostly because I've been sitting in front of a screen since I woke up. When I wasn't in front of the screen, I was making art to put up online which would require editing and posting, which requires staring at said screen. But I made a lot of funny comics today with Lindsay, so that was great. :D Andy Fish told me to work on sequential art, so I think that was at least a good start. My Degree Project teacher mentioned to me that I make interesting characters, but I never draw them more than once, so I think comic-ing will help me with that.

It's not that I can't draw the same character more than once - I just find beauty in still images and using paintings to create worlds that can't exist. Maybe it's my background in portraiture crying out.

But I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited about making comics now. I read a lot of comics as a preteen/teenager, but not anything big name. I read every Roman Dirge/Jhonen Vasquez comic that came out because I liked the weird, twisted, horrifically violent stories. I liked the happy happy faces versus the horribly gored ones.

I read a lot of manga too, but nothing that anyone EVER should read. Too many cutesy stories. I'm still obsessed with CLAMP - I just don't tell anyone. It fits in with my aesthetic of well drawn characters with interesting costumes and cuuuuuute faces. <3


School's been cancelled both times I would have had Andy Fish so far. I bet he's pissed. But I would have liked to talk to him about my comic progress so far - there's only so much I can post on my blog, and there's only so much you can explain outside of physical human contact. So hopefully he'll have time sometime to listen to me. Also I'm his company's intern now! I wonder what I'll be able to help with. I'd pretty much do anything for Undercover Fish - everyone I've met from there has been absolutely fantastic, and I'd love to get their feedback on my comic, too.

Too much to talk about! I'm wasting time! I need some advil!

No comments:

Post a Comment