Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Sorta Fairytale



and i'm so sad
like a good book
i can't put this
day back
a sorta fairytale
with you
a sorta fairytale
with you

I left Maine today. I cried on the walk back to Jared's apartment because I didn't want to leave him. I don't remember the last time I cried over a boy because I didn't want to leave them. Jared's different. I'm allowed to be a girl around him. I'm not a mom, or a wife, or a wallet. I'm a beautiful girl who he thinks is really talented and worth being loved for being just what I am and nothing more. He doesn't mind that I draw my eyebrows on, or that I can't accept my height, or that my head is always buzzing and can't stop.

We can see each other every 3 weeks. Money and time and school don't permit much more. I don't mind the distance - it gives me time to work out my life without piling my stress on top of him. Things will be easier after I graduate. Maybe he'll move here.


I feel lost, a little. It's easy to focus on work and not think about things and get by and worry about my diet and clean the house, but it's so much harder to miss someone.

He really is fantastic. I can't wait for you to meet him. I love him with everything I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment